Last Updated: August 24, 2019
On August 6, 2018, The President of the Philippines Rodrigo Duterte signed the law of The Philippine System Identification Act or PhilSys Act (Republic Act 11055) to mandates the Philippine government to create a single or all-in-one identification card for all the Filipino Citizen and Foreign residents to have their official National ID.
In this identification system, the National ID cardholders will simplify the transactions in both government and private institution. It will also enhance the delivery of basic service to the public.
The intention is to establish a single national identification system for all citizens and resident aliens of the Republic of the Philippines for the purpose of:
- Promote seamless delivery of service
- Improve the efficiency
- Enhance administrative governance
- Reduce corruption
- Curtail bureaucratic red tape
- Avert fraudulent transactions and misrepresentations
- Strengthen financial inclusion
- Promote ease of doing business
PhilSys is ready to start rolling out the National ID Card this coming September 2019. It will begin the pilot testing on PSA employees. PhilSys expects to complete pilot testing for registration by the end of this year. By the next year, the National ID will be open to the public that they called a Pilot enrollment, where capturing biometric and demographic information for the public will be conducted.
- Original copy of Birth Certificate issued by PSA (formerly NSO)
- One (1) government-issued ID which contains the applicant’s full name, photo, and signature or thumb mark
- Valid Philippine passport
- UMID card issued by SSS or GSIS
- Other equivalent documents approved by the PSA
- Alien Certificate of Registration or ACR ID for Foreign Residents
Note: All the applicants need to register personally at any designated registration center with their supporting documents (application form and any national ID requirements).
In this process, the photo capturing, fingerprints and biometrics the same process when you apply for a new government-issued ID. All the Information to be collected and stored in the database of PhilSys.
- Iris Scan
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Blood Type
- Complete Address
- Marital Status (Optional)
- Mobile Number (Optional)
- E-mail Address (Optional)
The successful applicant will be issued with the National ID card by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
National ID Card is totally “FREE” for all the Filipinos and foreign residents in the Philippines.
Complete details of National ID Card.
PSA will prioritize the registration of the poor, senior citizen, indigenous people and persons with disability.
To address the concern of the public on privacy and security, the PSA is collaborating heavily with the council, especially NPC and DICT. In addition, the PSA is consulting with external persons/groups to gather inputs for the development of the system.