One of the most important Insurance in the Philippines right now is the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation also known as PhilHealth. Once you are qualified to be a member of PhilHealth you will be able to use their benefits like hospitalization and discounts.
Most of the employees are required to have their PhilHealth account, it is one of the company requirements before they start in their jobs. The PhilHealth ID Cards can be used as a government valid id card.
Once the members want to claim the benefits in PhilHealth, members are obliged to provide their Member Data Record (MDR) and/or PhilHealth ID.
- Download the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF).
- Submit the following requirements to any PhilHealth Local Insurance Office (LHIO).
- Submit PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) – Two (2) Copies
- Bring 1×1 ID Pictures – Two (2) Copies
- Bring the Photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate or two (2) valid IDs.
- Any of the following documents:
FOR SSS PENSIONERS
- Photocopy of Death, Disability and Retirement (DDR) indicating the date of retirement and effectivity date of pension
- Retiree/Pensioner Certification indicating the effectivity date of retirement (photocopy)
FOR GSIS PENSIONERS
- A photocopy of Certification/Letter of Approval of Retirement indicating the effective date of retirement
- Photocopy of Service Record issued by the employer showing rendered services of not less than 120 months
- Certification/Retirement Gratuity from the employer indicating services of not less than 120 months (photocopy)
- Photocopy of retirement voucher issued by GSIS
FOR UNIFORMED PERSONNEL OF AFP, PNP, BJMP & BFP
- A photocopy of General/Special or Bureau Order indicating effectivity date of retirement
- Photocopy of Certification/Letter of Approval of Retirement from the GSIS indicating services of not less than 120 months
- Statement of Services (photocopy) issued by a previous employer showing service of not less than 120 months
FOR GSIS DISABILITY PENSIONER/SSS PERMANENT TOTAL DISABILITY PENSIONER BEFORE MARCH 4, 1995
- A photocopy of Death, Disability and Retirement (DDR) indicating the date of retirement and effectivity date of pension
- Photocopy of Disability Pensioner Certification issued by SSS/GSIS indicating effectivity date of pension or the period of coverage for a disabled pensioner.
SSS SURVIVORSHIP PENSIONER BEFORE MARCH 4, 1995
- Photocopy of Death, Disability and Retirement indicating the type of survivorship in nature and the effectivity date of pension
- Photocopy of Survivorship Pensioner Certification indicating the effectivity date of pension
OTHER INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE NOT UNDER THE ABOVE MENTIONED CATEGORIES
- Photocopy of official receipts of premium payments to PhilHealth
- Any other documents indicating the months of premium payments to PhilHealth
- FOR SSS PENSIONERS
Note: If you want to have the PhilHealth ID card and enjoy their benefits, the individuals that self-employed and unemployed need to register as a “Voluntary Member“. Unless you are employed, the human resources department (HR Department) in your current company will accomplish your PhilHealth membership.
1. Laminated/Regular Type PhilHealth ID Card
This ID is made from the paper also know as a Laminated ID that may acquire in Philhealth Local Health Insurance Office (LHIO). One of the benefits of this ID is can be used by all members under PhilHealth without any hospitalization fees and subsidize the hospital expenses.
2. Digitized Type PhilHealth ID Card
The other version of PhilHealth ID is the Digitized type. It is applicable to all PhilHealth members. This is kind of ID card is optional and can cost some fees. However, some of the regions in the Philippines is not available yet this ID card but if you have this it has more advantage than the laminated ID card.
- Watson’s, Rose Pharmacy, South Star Drug, and The Generics Pharmacy -15% discount
- PQ Health Shield and GSK (flu vaccines) -20% to 80% discount
- Eye exam Vivian Sarabia Optical – FREE
- Vivian Sarabia Optical (on regular items) – 20% discount
- JNW Drug Testing sites (on drug testing services) – 10% discount
Processing of dependents ID card is available in any bayad center outlets or any SM Mall.