I would like to introduce my latest and updated “how to get Postal ID“. But before that let me explain to you all about the Postal ID.
Basically, not all government-issued identity card is not most available to all. especially, some of the ID cards have a qualification such as special skills or employment before you obtain it. The Postal ID card was made into a PVC plastic which is more durable and has a good quality. Unlike before that, it was made into a paper including the lamination film.
Philippine Postal Corporation issued the postal ID for their identification system to verify their identity and it gives people to access many opportunities and public services.
It can also be used as a valid ID to present in hospitals, offices, banks, claiming parcels and letters. Philippine Postal Identity Card also one of the requirements before you apply for the National Identity Card in the Philippines.
Last Updated: August 20, 2019
I. Download the postal ID form [Download Here].
These forms are formatted in PDF files and you can use this [Adobe Reader] to open and print the Postal ID form.
II. Proof of identity
You need to bring only two (2) basic original and photocopy documents
- NSO or Local Civil Registry-issued Birth Certificate
- UMID Card
- Updated LTO Driver’s License
- Valid Philippine Passport
- Married females must bring their marriage certificate (to validate change of name from birth documents)
III. Proof of Billing/Address (Provide of any documents)
- Barangay Certificate
- Certified True Copy of Lease
- Bank Statement
- School Billing
- Utility Bill (Electric, Cable, Internet, Water, Landline, etc)
- Credit Card Bill
i. Minor or those 18 years old below you must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian.
ii. If the applicant does not have any proof-of-identity listed above, there is another way that you can submit any documents. Bring any two (2) of the following documents, at least one of which should bear the applicant’s photo and signature.
Valid paper-based Postal ID • Valid NBI/Police Clearance • Old SSS or GSIS card • Valid OWWA ID • Valid Company ID • Senior Citizen ID • Baptismal Certificate • Certificate of Birth/Marriage from National Commission for Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) • National Commission for Indigenous People (NCIP) • Elementary or High School Form 137 • Transcript of Records with readable dry seal (for applicants 18 years old and below) • Marriage Contract • Valid University/School or Alumni ID • TIN Card.
I. Must fill up the Postal-ID application form. [Download Here]
II. Proof of identity (Note: At least 6 months of validity prior to application)
- Valid Passport
- Special Resident Retiree’s (SRRV)
- Diplomatic Visa
- Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACRI-Card)
- Long Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSWE)
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
III. Proof of Address (Submit any one of the following)
- Certification of a statement of account from the home, transient home, hotel or any temporary residence within three (3) months prior to application
- Notarized house, condominium lease contract or land (if applicable)
- Barangay Certificate of Residency issued within three (3) months prior to application
- Bank Statement
- School billing statement
- Credit Card statement
- Utility bill (electric, internet, water, cable, telephone, etc.)
The next procedure in how to get Postal ID is the data capturing or Postal ID capture station. Here you will find out the biometrics registration such as image photograph and fingerprint including your digital signature that will be recorded on their Postal database center.
If you want to learn more about the security features of the Postal ID Capturing system, you must proceed here.
Once you complete the documents, you need to submit all the requirements in there Postal ID capturing office. There are 260 Postal ID capturing post office in the Philippines and some of them are located at selected malls.
- Postal ID Capture Station – Malls
- Postal ID Capture Station – Metro Manila
- Postal ID Capture Station – Provinces
- Additionally, PhilPost offers Postal ID Mobile Capturing Service for those people who don’t have time to visit their office.
|Postal ID Card + Delivery Charge||Php 450.00|
|12% VAT||Php 54.00|
|Total PID Payment||Php 504.00|
Important Notice: Rush Postal ID is now available and it cost a little bit higher for PHP 650. However, the rush ID processing is available only at the six (6) central post office in Metro Manila.
- Quezon City Central Post Office (NIA Rd., Brgy. Pinyahan, Diliman)
- Parañaque Central Post Office (Ninoy Aquino Ave., Brgy. La Huerta)
- Valenzuela Central Post Office (Valenzuela City Hall, Maysan St.)
- Las Piñas Central Post Office (Las Piñas City Hall, Real cor. Pamplona St.)
- Manila Central Post Office (Liwasang Bonifacio, Intramuros)
- Makati Central Post Office (Gil Puyat cor. Ayala Ave., Malugay)
After you complete the process of data capturing the new Postal ID Card will be delivered by PhilPost mail carrier to your doorstep:
- In Metro Manila – Approximately fifteen (15) working days from application.
- Other major cities and municipalities – Approximately twenty (20) working days.
- Island provinces and remote barangays – Approximately thirty (30) working days.
One of the easiest government-issued IDs to obtain is Postal ID, without any requirements such as travel abroad for passport, drivers license for driving skills, employment for GSIS and SSS. This identification recognized as a primary form of valid identification that can be used generally in any transaction like banks, car loans, etc. Basically, anyone in the Philippines can apply and get it as long they are 18 years old and above.
For the renewal of Postal ID, you need to submit the following.
- Two (2) copies of the Postal ID application form.
- Old Postal Identification card, Whichever is applicable.
The postal ID for Filipino and foreign residents with Special Retiree’s Resident Visa (SRRV) is valid for three (3) years and for the rest foreigners in the Philippines their Postal ID validity will last for one (1) year only.
The old PID will remain valid up to its date of expiration. Old but valid postal IDs may also be converted to the new Postal ID at a price discount:
|Remaining Validity||Discount||Total (Including Delivery)|
|Old ID Issued in Oct 2014 or later||-25%||Php 389.20|
|Old ID Issued in Nov 2013 to Sept 2014||-20%||Php 412.16|
|Old ID Issued in Nov 2012 to Oct 2013||-10%||Php 458.08|
New Postal ID has a big difference from the old one which improved by their security features to make it more extremely hard to counterfeit.
- Biometric captured the personal details including fingerprint, signature, and photos. These features will prevent to make other people to fake the new postal ID.
- Postal ID stored all the information and data of their client in one data center.
- ID Card features 3D and holographic images with ghost images and UV ink that illuminate in UV light.
- It is secured by an encrypted QR code that can be scanned using the Postal ID application to verify the cardholder by using a downloadable smart-phone application.
- Philpost used the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) to collects the information of the cardholder to confirmed the authenticity of their personal identities which also compared to the Philpost data center.
The postal ID is looking for merchant partners with their postal ID privilege program. You can contact send your private message on their Postal ID Facebook Page, you can check here. You can also reach them on their numbers listed below.
- (02) 426-0182 loc. 112
- (02) 742-7349
- (02) 230-9875
- Globe: 0917-521-5373
- Smart: 0998-844-7629
- Sun: 0925-321-2291
The postal ID is not accepted as a valid ID for the passport application process. Please refer to this page for a list of IDs accepted by the DFA.
The Improved Postal Identification Card provides a privilege program that you can use to avail a discount, freebies, product upgrades and other exclusive deals or promos on their merchant partners in the country.
Just simply show them your new Postal Identity Card while you are on shopping, buying or dining at the following commercial establishment.
Food and Beverage
- American Legacy
- ARNY ♥ DADING Peachy Peachy
- Big Boss
- Brand X Burgers
- Café De Apati
- Cafe Harry Naga
- Chateau de Busay Inn & Restaurant
- Chixboy Grill
- Corner Route Restobar
- CREPEMAN CAFÉ
- Dampa Sa Paseo
- Dennis Coffee Garden
- Mrs. Fields
- New Asia Restaurant
- Noy Maki-Siomai
- OFF THE GRILL
- Pits Burger
- RB CTY
- Salad Bar
- Sangkalan Grill and Restaurant
- Shake and Brew Café
- Ying Ying Tea House
Beauty, Health and Wellness
- ACEBEDO OPTICAL
- Ariana’s House of Beauty, Fashion & Wellness
- SAINT LUKE’S DIAGNOSTIC CENTER
- Chemworld Fragrance Factory
- DR. JAMES DENTAL CLINIC
- EIDER CUT SALON
- Head2Toe House of Spa
- HEALTHY WAY DENTAL AVENUE
- JUNCA SALON
- Levana Dermatology Clinic
- MAGIC 7 BEAUTY & WELLNESS, INC.
- MAHIWAGANG HAPLOS BODY MASSAGE AND SPA
- Nail It!
- NAIL KITCHEN
- Nico Salon for Men and Women
- ORIENTAL TOUCH SHIATSU CENTER
- Paradasia Royale Spa
- Russel Tan’s Evolution Salon and Day Spa
- Skinfinity Skin & Body Spa
- Tashyo Cuts & Spa
Home and Living
- AUTOMATIC CENTRE
Travel and Leisure
- Chateau By The Sea
- Club Morocco Beach Resort & Country Club
- Continental Travel and Tours
- Hotel Sogo
- La Breza Hotel
- La Mirada Hotel
- Let’s Go Travel Services
- Pilgrims Hotel Naga
- Residencia Boracay
- Soto Grande Hotel & Resort
- Splendido Hotel
- Stradella Hotel
- URBAN ESCAPE TRAVEL & TOURS
- Via Ticketing Service
- Vistamar Beach Resort & Country Club
- ZAMBOANGA TOWN HOME
Fitness and Recreation
- Avilon Zoo
- AX Fitness
- Enchanted Kingdom
- Laresio Lakeside Resort & Spa
- Splash Island
- TRAMPOLINE PARK
- UPSIDE DOWN MUSEUM
- Metro Gas
- Amesco Drug Corporation
- INDIO FILIPINO CLOTHING
- ART REPUBLIC PRINT TECHNOLOGY
- Great Image
- Papel at Pluma