Last Updated: Oct. 2, 2019
SSS Number is one of the requirements when you have a job. It fulfills your benefits along with other government benefits that will support you in the future.
Social Security System (SSS) is a form of social insurance program in the Philippines. It provides benefits to their members like retirement, salary loans, maternity, sickness, disability, death, and funeral.
If you are working in a private company, it is one of the company’s requirements to have an SSS number. It is mandatory to have a contribution to your SSS account once you’re already a member of them.
There are two (2) ways to apply and get the SSS number. One is to go at their selected branches and two is to register online. I will discuss right now the traditional way procedure for applying for the SSS Number.
- Download and print-out the SSS E1 Form. [Download Here]
- Fill-out the SSS E-1 Form with your complete details correctly.
- Email address for SSS online account.
- Birth Certificate – original and photocopy (If you don’t have a birth certificate, you can submit any of the following documents/valid IDs)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card
- LTO Drivers License
- Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB) or Seaman’s Book
In the absence of those documents/valid IDs listed above, you can submit any two (2) the following. Make sure it has the correct name and birthdate.
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- ATM card with cardholder’s name
- Bank Account Passbook
- Baptismal/Birth Certificate of children
- Certificate of Naturalization issued by the Bureau of Immigration
- Company ID
- Credit Card
- Company Representative Authorization Card issued by the SSS
- Fishermen’s Card issued by the Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources
- GSIS Card
- GSIS Certificate of Membership
- Health or Medical Card
- Barangay ID
- Life Insurance Policy
- Marriage Contract
- NBI Clearance
- Owwa Card
- Philippines Firearms License
- PHIC Member’s Data Record
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- School ID
- Senior Citizen ID
- Tax Identification ID
- TOR – Transcript of Records
- Voter’s ID / Affidavit / Certificate of Registration issued by Comelec
Go to your nearest Social Security System Office Branch. [Click Here]
Fill-out the application of the SSS E-1 form with your complete details. [Download Here] (Application form is also available in any SSS branches)
Fall in line and submit your requirements (birth certificate or valid ID) and duly accomplished SSS E-1 Form.
Make sure that you “do not write any in SS Number box“.
SSS Staff will call you for the releasing of your application. Once you received your copy of SSS E-1 FORM, you must keep and never lose because SSS number is issued in one-time only per account.