The Complete List of Valid Ids in the Philippine 2019 with Complete Details
In general policy for applying any documents and transactions in the Philippines, one of the primary requirements is the valid IDs. It is really important to have it since the valid IDs are proof of your identity. It can determine your personal information such as your complete name, address, birthdate, civil status and etc.
The valid IDs are really important nowadays, even you’re going outside and other places, valid IDs should not be lost in your pockets. Like in some situations that you’re applying for a postpaid plan, entering a private subdivision, receiving money in remittance and even if you are applying for a new job, valid IDs are required to show it.
Last Updated: August 20, 2018
Some of the Filipinos didn’t know which is the primary identification and secondary identification. So here is the 2019 complete list of valid government-IDs. Below is the list of primary IDs following the complete details and where to have it.
The Philippine passport can obtain in the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), they are the ones who issued the Philippine passport. You just simply schedule an appointment on their website here if you need to apply for it.
Public and private establishments recognized the Philippine passport as a primary valid ID since this is the most powerful government-issued ID.
- Go to DFA website and make an appointment. (Schedules depend on their available slot, so make sure to check the available slot before you send the request to them.)
- Check your e-mail for the confirmation of your appointment.
- Wait to receive the reference number via e-mail and print the document of your appointment.
- Bring the appointment documents and go to the assigned DFA site. (Remember to wear proper attire before you go to DFA site)
- Prepare for the processing payment fee of 950 pesos for regular and 1,200 pesos for express.
- The next procedure is biometrics (photo capture, digital signature, and fingerprint).
- Done. you need to wait for your Philippine passport to be delivered in your mailing address.
Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) card is also recognized as a valid government-issued identification (Valid ID) since it is the upgrade version of SSS and GSIS IDs which is encompassed with Pag-Ibig, SSS, GSIS, and PhilHealth program.
UMID card is very useful for those people claiming their benefits in SSS such as sickness, maternity, disability, retirement, death, and funeral. UMID card has an initial security feature that stores the cardholder’s fully identity biometrics data thru smart-chip technology.
- UMID card application form
- Valid IDs: (e.g., PRC ID, LTO License, Passport or Seaman’s Book)
- In absence of IDs list above you can present the secondary ID cards/documents.
- UMID-eCard enrollment form for GSIS members
- With two (2) valid government-issued IDs (e.g., LTO License, Passport, PRC card and etc.)
One of the very important ID in the Philippines is the LTO Drivers License that Filipinos people required to used it before they authorize to drive a vehicle. The Drivers License was issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) Philippine for those who want to drive either public or private vehicle.
There are three (3) types of driver’s license in the Philippines, student, non-professional and professional license. These licenses will cost depending on what type you’re applying for. LTO driver’s license has a maximum validity of five (5) years.
Not just a typical driver’s license that you have now, but you can use it as a powerful valid government-issued ID. Like UMID card you can also present this ID if you’re applying or getting documents or clearances.
Applying for driver’s license in the Philippines is quite easy, you must bring your valid ID, NSO/birth certificate local registry and application form for Land Transportation Office (LTO).
A few Filipino people used the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID card as a valid ID to transact or applying a new application. This ID card has qualifications to be achieved before you obtain it. Like the LTO drivers license card, the PRC ID is licensed for professionals such as doctors, engineers, accountants, dentist, lawyer and other people with having the highest education in the society.
- Download the Action Sheet for Authentication. [Download Here]
- Bring the registration certificate or the original ID.
- Go to the PRC Office.
- Fill out the downloaded Action Sheet for Authentication.
- Proceed to the services desk officer for the payment of documentary stamp.
- Now, proceed to the cashier to pay the required amount depending on how many copies of the certificate you need.
- Submit all the original and photocopies with the documentary stamp to windows 5.
- Claim your Certified True Copies at windows 6.
The senior citizen ID is applicable for those Filipinos who reached their age of 60, aside from using this ID for applying an application. Senior Citizen ID can use this kind of ID as special privileges for discounts especially for travel, malls, fast-food chain, medical health care, dentist, pharmacies and other services.
- Go to the local Senior Citizens Affairs Office.
- Fill out the application form that available in the OSCA office.
- Bring the original and photocopy of requirements (1×1 pictures, any valid ID, and birth certificate).
- Proceed to the assign desk officer to process your application for the Senior Citizen ID card.
Important Notice: Ask with someone to accompany you so the process will be easier and to avoid any convenient.
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) launch a special valid ID card called OFW ID card. This is the new upgrade version of the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). OFW identification system serves as one of the requirements of your travel documents and also your exit pass.
The OFW ID is applicable to use as a primary ID card, so if you’re working outside of the country you must apply and get this identification card. Obtaining the OFW ID card is quite easy since they have online registration.
- Visit on DOLE website and create an account (https://idole.dole.gov.ph/)
- Fill out all the information on their online registration form and enter your latest Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) number.
- Once you’re done to set up your account, log in then click the “iDOLE One Stop Shop” then “OFW ID Card”.
- Choose the delivery type and pick-up location. Click the POEA nearest office in you are and “Click Submit”.
- Print out the OFW ID number confirmation details and bring it upon picking up to the POEA office.
7. POSTAL ID
PhilPost issued a fastest and easiest valid id card to obtain in the Philippines. It is used to validate the documents, application form and online registration available in government offices and private establishments.
Download the postal ID form [Download Here].
- Fill out the application form and bring valid IDs. (Birth Certificate, LTO License, Passport, UMID card)
- Go to the PhilPost Office.
- Proceed to the data capturing station.
- Payment for Postal ID.
- Done. Wait for the delivery of Postal ID in your mailing address.
Voter’s identification is one of the requirements valid id for those people who already registered in the Commission on Elections or COMELEC. Even though the process of obtaining this ID takes too long. Some of the private companies, business establishments, and government offices are recognized as the voter’s identification as a primary ID. However, the others are still looking for a valid primary ID.
Recently, the House of Representatives put on hold the distribution of Voter’s ID card due to the approval of the bill seeking to establish the National Identification System in the Philippines.
Philippine National Police (PNP) issues a firearms license for those individual people who have registered their firearms under the PNP License to Own and Possess Firearms (LTOPF). The purpose of this license is to validate and authenticate the owner with their neuro and a psychiatric exam and drug test result before they issue a firearms license.
The Philippine Electronic Passport (Philippine ePassport) is a new upgrade version of Philippine Passport which features a microchip technology within its pages that contains the data to verify the identity of the passport holder. ePassport is available in DFA Manila, Philippine Embassies and consulates abroad.
Schools and universities students are granted with their school ID to use as a primary ID since they cannot apply to get a valid government-issued ID because of their age.
- Barangay Clearance – You can get this certificate of residency in barangay hall, city hall and city municipality.
- Police Clearance – This clearance can get in city hall and municipal police station. It is used to verify the criminal cases were locally issued.
- NBI Clearance – You can obtain this clearance in any NBI branches that tell if you have filed a criminal case in the court of the Philippines.
- NSO Birth Certificate – A proof of your complete identity requirements of a child after birth to have a birth certificate. National Statistics Office (NSO) issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) and the birth certificate have no expiration date.
- PhilHealth ID – Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) can also use as secondary ID in any transaction or application. This identification was recognized as national health insurance in the Philippines.
TIN ID – Tax Identification Number (TIN) ID was issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) to be able to collect taxes in their taxpayer members to add revenue in any government projects. It also used as a supporting or secondary ID in the Philippines.
- GSIS ID – Government Services and Insurance Corporation (GSIS) was issued by the Philippines Government that is more likely to SSS as private insurance for a private company.
- NSO Marriage Certificate – a certificate documents that have strong proof of two individuals with their relationship that signed to be a couple in a lifetime. This certificate contains details of the couple such as the complete name of husband and wife, date of marriage, place of marriage, both complete address and purpose of the certification. It is also recognized by the government offices and private sectors as a supporting document.
- IBP ID – This identification is issued by the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.
- GOCC ID – Government-owned and controlled corporation issued this ID to received from the government program funds and subsidies. It also belongs to the secondary identification system.
- Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-CARD) Issuance – All the foreign nationals can apply for temporary visitor’s visa or tourist visa who have stayed in the Philippines for more than fifty-nine (59) days. They also can use it as a secondary ID while they staying in the Philippine.